Korean Classical Singers Association (KCSA)
International Vocal Competition
1. COMPETITION DATE
▷ Preliminary round : July 13th, 2018
10:00 am - High School Division
3:00 pm - College and General Division
▷ Final round: July 14th, 2018 / 3:00 pm
▷ Venue : Shinhan Art Hall
Add. 251 Yeoksamro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea / Tel. 02-2151-7699
▷ High School Division: High School Students or Repeaters
▷ College and General Division: college/ university students or adults majored in vocal performance.
(Male Singers must be born after Jan. 1st, 1982/ Female Singers must be born after Jan. 1st, 1984)
▷ College and General Division
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners will receive prize money and Certificate of Award
The 1st prize(￦3,000,000), The 2nd prize (￦2,000,000), The 3rd prize (￦1,000,000), and Special Prize(￦500,000)
▷ High School Division
The 1st prize(￦500,000), The 2nd prize (￦300,000), The 3rd prize (￦200,000)
▷ Special prize : Mallet Tuxedo (worth ￦2,000,000)
4. If you have any questions, please contact KCSA
(Cell) +82-70-8264-3198 / +82-10-2731-3198
1. Application Procedure
▷ Period: June 4th (Mon) through July 10th (Tue) in 2018
▷ Download application form from www.ekcsa.com (Only Foreigner)
▷ Documents for submission:
- Send completed application to email@example.com via e-mail by July 10th in 2018.
- College/University students should send either verification of degree or enrollment by e-mail.
- Bring your identification on the day of competition
▷ Application may not be edited and the application fee will not be refunded after July 10th in 2018.
▷ No applicant will be contacted individually.
▷ Applicants must indicate their preliminary round and final round repertoire with composers correctly on the application form.
2. Application Fee
▷ Application fee USD 90.00 (KRW 100,000) should be transferred to the competition’s bank account in the name of applicant by July 10th in 2018.
▷ Bank details:
KB Kookmin Bank
Account number: 584101-01-228313
Account holder: KCSA
Bank code (Swift Code):
Rules for the performance
▷ No selection can be repeated in preliminary and final rounds, and opera aria must be performed in its original language and key.
▷ Art song is allowed to transpose.
▷ High school division applicants are permitted to omit recitative and cabaletta when they sing an aria.
▷ In the final round, college/university and general division applicants must perform the complete form of aria including recitative, cavatina and cabaletta as it is written without any omission. However, in the preliminary round, recitative and cabaletta should be omitted.
▷ Applicants must perform all repertoire in memory and without repetition.
▷ Applicants must bring their own accompanists at their own expense.
▷ The schedule for the preliminary and final rounds will be posted on KCSA homepage.
▷ No individual notification will be sent to any applicants.
▷ Only finals will be open to the public.
▷ The judges may stop the performance at any time if they determine further performance is unnecessary.
▷ The result will be notified on site after all scores are calculated.
▷ Competition scores will not be revealed. The judges' comments will be posted on KCSA homepage.
▷ The competition will be held on time.
▷ High School Division
- Preliminary round: 1. One German Lied or aria
2. One Italian art song or aria
* Two selections should be prepared but one should be an art song
- Final round: same as preliminary round (two selections but one should be an art song)
▷ College and General Division:
- Preliminary round: 1. One foreign language art song
2. One opera aria.
* 1 and 2 should be sung in different languages.
- Finals: 1. One Korean art song
2. One foreign language art song and
3. One opera aria
* 2 and 3 should be sung in different languages.
- In the final round, applicants must perform the complete form of aria including recitative, cavatina and cabaletta as it is written on the music score without any omission.
▷ No changes in repertoire will be allowed after July 10th in 2018.
▷ Both opera aria and oratorio are allowed.
▷ Other details may be found on KCSA homepage.